Thursday, March 21st
1:30 PM EST – 4:45 PM EST
Join us for a comprehensive workshop led by Dr. Beth Bowman, PhD, LCSW, LCSW-C, a lived experience expert in human trafficking and clinical social worker. This program is designed to impart participants with the requisite knowledge and skills to effectively identify human trafficking survivors and administer specialized somatic interventions using expressive arts in clinical practice.
Dr. Bowman will provide training on recognizing the subtle indicators of human trafficking and how to approach work with survivors from a trauma-informed perspective. An overview of trauma informed and empowerment based care with survivors will also be reviewed. This workshop will also address how to work with survivors of trafficking and others with C-PTSD through expressive arts interventions. Cultural competence and ethical considerations within the context of diverse survivor populations will also be explored, ensuring an encompassing and both trauma and culturally sensitive approach.
- Identification of Human Trafficking: Participants will learn to recognize subtle indicators of human trafficking and develop the skills to identify potential survivors, increasing their ability to provide support.
- Apply Trauma-Informed Approaches: Attendees will gain a comprehensive understanding of trauma-informed care and empowerment-based approaches, enabling them to work sensitively and effectively with survivors of human trafficking, with an emphasis on recognizing the impact of complex trauma (C-PTSD).
- Utilize Expressive Arts in Clinical Practice: Participants will acquire practical knowledge and skills in using expressive arts interventions as a therapeutic modality for survivors of trafficking and individuals with C-PTSD. They will be able to apply these interventions to facilitate healing and recovery effectively.
- Enhance Cultural Competence and Ethical Considerations: This workshop will explore cultural competence and ethical considerations within the context of working with diverse survivor populations. Attendees will leave with the ability to provide trauma-informed and culturally sensitive care, ensuring an inclusive and respectful approach in their clinical practice.
Dr. Elizabeth Bowman, LICSW, LCSW-C
Elizabeth Bowman is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Social Work at Gallaudet University. She is also a minor domestic sex trafficking survivor, anti-trafficking advocate, researcher, and speaker. In her clinical practice she works with trafficking survivors using trauma-informed yoga therapy and also has a clinical practice supporting children and adolescents with anxiety and other challenges. Her nonprofit, The Restoring Ivy Collective, works to establish intentional community for survivors through authentic social connection and mental health support. Her research areas include the intersection of child welfare and sex trafficking, organizational culture and supervision in child welfare, and special populations issues in trafficking including LGBT and Deaf youth. She holds clinical social work licensure in DC and Maryland and is a Registered Yoga Teacher, RYT-200.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|District Of Columbia
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01