The focus of this webinar is to provide an overview of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) criteria and its dimensions. Following a case presentation, the learners will review each dimension in the format of a comprehensive clinical substance use disorder assessment. We will review all the information that is needed to recommend an appropriate level of care and discuss the reasons for our recommendations. The goal is to have an understanding of how the ASAM criteria are determined by following a mock case through each dimension.
- Review the content needed to assess the ASAM level of care.
- Follow the creation of a 6 dimension substance abuse assessment.
- Discuss how risk ratings are determined;
- Determine the level of care.
- Review the different levels of care for substance abuse treatment.
Target Audience: Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Counselors, LMFT, & Licensed Professional Counselors
Content level: Beginner to intermediate
2 CE hour credits approved by NAADAC, ASWB, & NBCC
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 61
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes