As our society ages, the prevalence of unhealthy substance use among older adults is projected to soar to unprecedented heights. This course unveils the intricate interplay between physiological changes in aging and the heightened susceptibility of older adults to the adverse effects of alcohol and illicit drugs. Your role as a mental health professional is pivotal in preventing high-risk behaviors and steering older patients towards informed choices.
Discover a realm often overlooked – substance use among older adults, a concern that remains largely under-diagnosed and under-treated. In this presentation, Dr. Paul Hardy will guide you through a dynamic exploration. In a landscape with limited research, you’ll gain the expertise to comprehend, assess, and address substance use issues among older adults effectively.
- Explore the physiological changes associated with aging that increase older adults’ susceptibility to the adverse effects of substance use.
- Explain the effective screening techniques and assessment methods to accurately diagnose substance use disorder in this population.
- Acquire evidence-based strategies to prevent high-risk behaviors related to substance use among older patients.
- Discuss how to engage in informed conversations, offer support, and guide older adults toward safer choices and recovery paths.
Paul Hardy is a respected figure in the field of addiction recovery, with over 25 years of experience as a National Master Addictions Counselor (NMAC) and Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC). He is the founder and executive director of Recovery for Life, a leading substance abuse recovery program in Virginia Beach that offers a holistic approach to addiction recovery. Dr. Hardy is dedicated to developing effective recovery programs, training recovery leaders, and designing innovative program curricula. He and his wife Suzie founded Transition Homes for Hope, which provides residential treatment for individuals seeking recovery after incarceration. His expertise in working with diverse populations is widely recognized, and he is a sought-after educator, speaker, and presenter. Dr. Hardy has presented at various conferences and organizations, including Virginia Court DUI Services, Christian Psychotherapy, and the Virginia Bar Association. His commitment to improving the lives of those struggling with addiction has made a significant impact on the community and beyond.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01