Monday, February 26th
1:30 PM EST – 4:45 PM EST
Panic attacks are common and can be quite distressing, even debilitating, for individuals. As such, effective treatments are imperative. This webinar is a deep dive into evidence-based strategies for quickly reducing, if not eliminating, panic attacks.
Panic attacks occur within the context of Panic Disorder as well as other anxiety, stress, and obsessive-compulsive disorders. In this webinar, you will learn how to conceptualize
panic and tailor interventions depending on symptom presentation so that you can most effectively address the cause(s) and maintaining factors.
In this presentation, Dr. Ashley Smith will explain the physiological, cognitive, emotional, and behavioral components that comprise panic and how to educate your clients about their symptoms. You will learn evidence-based cognitive behavioral therapy interventions that can rapidly relieve symptoms of panic. Specifically, she will address the
use of in vivo and interoceptive exposure, cognitive restructuring, relaxation, and mindfulness strategies to treat panic attacks. The role of medication in the treatment of panic will also be discussed.
You will leave this webinar with a strong understanding and robust tools for helping your clients manage panic attacks.
By the end of the webinar, the participants must be able to:
- Identify at least one physiological, cognitive, emotional, and behavioral component of panic attacks.
- Distinguish between primary and secondary intervention targets.
- Explain how to use interoceptive exposure to treat panic attacks.
- Describe how cognitive restructuring, relaxation, and mindfulness can be used to treat panic attacks.
- Explain the role of medication to treat panic attacks.
Dr. Ashley Smith
Dr. Ashley Smith earned her PhD in clinical psychology with an emphasis in children and families in 2007. She completed a predoctoral internship at Children’s Mercy Hospital before joining the staff at Omaha Children’s Hospital to help develop their dedicated anxiety services. In 2009, She relocated to Kansas City to serve as a senior staff psychologist at a nationally recognized anxiety specialty center. She ventured out on her own in 2017 and continues her private practice, where she is a sought-after anxiety specialist. In addition to direct clinical work, she is actively involved in a number of other scholarly activities. She has been an adjunct assistant professor and has provided supervision and consultation for students and other professionals. She has several publications, including peer-reviewed journal articles, chapters in edited volumes, blog posts and online articles, and a book, Childhood Anxiety Disorders. She is a long-time member of the Anxiety and Depression Association of America and recently received their Special Recognition Award for her public outreach efforts. Dr. Ashley regularly presents workshops and trainings on local and national levels. She is passionate about sharing cognitive behavioral therapy, positive psychology practices, and applied neuroscience to help people struggling with anxiety live better lives; this passion has driven efforts to help more people in novel ways, ultimately leading to the creation of Peak Mind: The Center for Psychological Strength, which she co-founded in 2019.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|District Of Columbia
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01