An in-depth look at the military culture and its impact on veterans that can contribute to substance abuse problems. The special problems experience by veterans such as PTSD, suicidal ideations, traumatic brain injury, and homelessness are discussed. Practices and strategies that clinicians can utilize to treat veterans with substance use disorders. Plus an overview of VA substance use disorder services.
- Discover brief history and statistics of veterans and substance abuse
- Examine special problems experienced by Veterans
- Describe Substance Use Disorders and PTSD in Service Members and Veterans
- Generalize the impact of Traumatic Brain Injury on Veterans
- Explain Suicidal Ideations and Behavior among veterans
- Estimate causes and number of Homelessness
- Recognize Experiences of EOF/OIF/OND combat warzone stressors on Veterans
- Summarize military culture that often inhibits veterans from seeking help with substance abuse problems.
- Identify Treatment Considerations & Strategies
- Relate VA Substance Use Disorder services
How Easy It Is!
Choose Course of Your Preference
After Purchasing, Watch The Video Recording
Complete The Course Evaluation
Take The Quiz
State Board Approval
"Providing Economical, Convenient, & Quality Education for Behavioral Health Professionals"
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 1
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 1024
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self