As Hippocrates once said, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” This training delves into the intimate connection between the food we consume and the lifestyle we lead, and how it impacts our overall well-being. Nutrition expert, Dr. Steine, will guide you through the latest research on the impact of food on mental health and how it can influence your clients’ emotional and cognitive states.
Educate your client about the distinctions between carbohydrates, proteins, and fats, as well as the significance of vitamins and minerals.
Examine the impact of macro and micronutrients on mental health, including the effects of nutrient deficiencies.
- Explain how to conduct a Food Diary Assessment with clients and discuss considerations regarding the scope of practice when addressing food and supplement topics.
Dr. Vicki Steine is an accomplished DSc, LCSW, BCHN, IFNCP with over 25 years of experience in social work, both in inpatient and outpatient settings. She runs a private practice in Atlanta specializing in assisting children and adults dealing with a variety of conditions, including ADHD, anxiety, depression, OCD, Tourette's syndrome, addiction, and trauma. Dr. Steine is a graduate of the University of Georgia, where she obtained her Master's degree in Social Work. She also received a Doctorate of Science in Holistic Nutrition from Hawthorn University, becoming a Board Certified Holistic Nutritionist certified by the National Association of Nutrition Professionals and an Integrated and Functional Nutrition Academy Nutrition Certified Practitioner. Using her extensive experience in social work and nutrition education, Dr. Steine employs an integrated approach to help clients overcome various challenges that may prevent them from leading fulfilling lives. Her approach is multi-faceted, incorporating nutrition, mind-body exercises, and traditional psychotherapy techniques such as Cognitive Behavior Therapy. This holistic approach has enabled Dr. Steine to help her clients optimize their well-being by addressing both the physical and emotional aspects of their health. Dr. Steine's expertise has been recognized widely. She has delivered educational workshops and spoken at several conferences, where she has shared her knowledge on the benefits of nutrition for improving mental health with professionals and laypeople alike. Dr. Steine also has personal experience with the effectiveness of a holistic approach. She used nutrition and supplements to recover from a near-death boating accident and a period of severe depression.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01