Clinical supervision can be a challenging yet rewarding process for all individuals involved. In this course, you will learn about compassion fatigue and its related terms and then do an activity to distinguish among those terms.
Then, you will learn about self-compassion as a coping strategy, complete a Self-Compassion Scale, talk about it, discuss individual coping strategies and discuss mindfulness as a strategy.
- Assess and identify symptoms of compassion fatigue in self and supervisees.
- Create and maintain a self-care plan for self and supervisees using mindfulness and individual coping strategies.
Dim Smith, LCAS, CCS
Dimayquoaye Smith, is a Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist, Certified Clinical Supervisor, Internationally Certified Advanced Alcohol & Drug Counselor and maintains his credentials with the NC Substance Abuse Professional Practice Board and the Credentialing and Education. He is a member of the National Association of Addiction Professionals. He has a history of working with men in a homeless shelter setting, adolescents in Addiction, those in the criminal justice system, and adults who struggle with psychiatric problems such as unresolved grief, trauma, depression, and anxiety complicated with issues of addiction. Specializing in cognitive behavioral therapy, faith-based, and solution-focused therapy, Alcohol Drug Education Traffic School (ADETS), Prime for Life program for Drug Paraphernalia, Open Container, and Marijuana Charges. Dim utilizes relaxation techniques, meditation, and cognitive restructuring to guide clients through the complicated maze of addiction. Individual therapy and assessments are available with Dim.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01