Narcissism seems to be on the rise to epidemic proportions. More and more mental health providers are having to contend with a wider variety of issues associated with narcissistic spectrum behaviors, patterns, and symptomatology, but the challenge doesn’t end there, as partners of narcissists are more likely to seek treatment, and present with many unique issues and challenges. This treatment focused seminar will help you learn the skills to successfully work with and manage the narcissistic spectrum client and their partners.
Working with partners in narcissistic spectrum relationships requires specific therapeutic approaches and skills. This seminar will help you gain those skills and maximize therapeutic sessions to lessen relationship difficulties and build resistance to narcissistic spectrum manipulations often seen in clients in narcissistic spectrum relationships. You can affect change in these individuals, you can help them overcome the burdens, guilt, and regret they carry with the tools and techniques learned through this seminar specifically directed at the narcissistic spectrum client and their partners.
- Identify narcissistic personality components and subtypes.
- Plan treatment trajectories when working with narcissistic clients and their partners to enhance therapeutic success.
- Discuss the structure of NPD and its adverse impact on relationships.
- Enhance skills to manage narcissistic expressions and its impact on partners who participate in treatment.
- Develop skills to minimize maladaptive relationship pathology to help your narcissistic spectrum clients and their partners learn adaptive relationship skills.
- Assist your clients to build resistance and resiliency against manipulative behavior often seen in relationships with individuals along the narcissistic spectrum.
Dr. Daniel Fox
Daniel J. Fox, PhD, is an accomplished licensed psychologist, international speaker, and author who has received multiple awards for his contributions to the field. He has devoted over 20 years of his career to specializing in treating and assessing individuals with personality disorders across various settings, including the state and federal prison system, universities, and private practice. His expertise encompasses a range of topics, such as personality disorders, ethics, burnout prevention, and emotional intelligence. Dr. Fox has authored numerous articles and books on these subjects, including the acclaimed Narcissistic Personality Disorder Toolbox, The Clinician's Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment of Personality Disorders, the award-winning Antisocial, Borderline, Narcissistic and Histrionic Workbook: Treatment strategies for Cluster B Personality Disorders, The Borderline Personality Disorder Workbook, and Complex Borderline Personality Disorder. Dr. Fox has been teaching and supervising students for over 20 years at various universities across the United States, some of which include West Virginia University, Texas A&M University, University of Houston, Sam Houston State University, and Florida State University. He works in the federal prison system, is an adjunct assistant professor at the University of Houston, and maintains a private practice specializing in assessing and treating individuals with complex psychopathology and personality disorders. Dr. Fox has given numerous workshops and seminars on ethics and personality disorders, personality disorders and crime, treatment solutions for working with clients along the antisocial, borderline, narcissistic, and histrionic personality spectrum, emotional intelligence, managing mental health within the prison system, and others. Dr. Fox maintains a website of various treatment interventions focused on working with and attenuating the symptomatology related to individuals along with the antisocial, borderline, narcissistic, and histrionic personality spectrum (www.drdfox.com).
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|District Of Columbia
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01