This workshop focuses on the various scientific truths about the practice of vaping and the use of e-cigarettes in both adults and teens.
Since a plethora of misinformation exists about this topic, this 2-hour workshop intends to arm attendees with the most relevant data on this phenomenon so that intelligent decisions as to how to cope with this can be accomplished. After completion of the continuing education workshop, participants will be able to:
- Tell the difference between e-cigarette use and vaping.
- List the pros of the use of these devices
- Identify the cons of using these devices
- Describe the common co-morbid physical and psychological implications of vaping and e-cigarette use.
Dr. Stephen Mathis, Psy.D, CCADC, CCS, MAC
Dr. Stephen Mathis is a licensed psychologist and internationally certified addictions counselor with over four decades of experience working with adolescents, young and middle adults, and families/couples. His innovative approach to therapy includes providing assessments such as psychoeducational, forensic, cognitive, emotional, neurological, and personological, in addition to individual psychotherapy and group therapy. Dr. Mathis is also an adjunct/part-time faculty member at several colleges and training institutes, where he shares his knowledge and expertise with the next generation of mental health professionals. Recognizing the importance of providing flexible care, Dr. Mathis is one of the few clinicians who work on weekends and makes house calls. He also conducts seminars and workshops nationwide, supervises other therapists, and consults with various professionals and organizations. Dr. Mathis is passionate about developing new forms of therapy that can benefit his clients. He has pioneered a new form of music-assisted therapy (M.A.TH.I.S.), which combines his love of music with his knowledge of psychology to help clients achieve positive therapeutic outcomes. In addition to his work as a therapist and educator, Dr. Mathis is also an advocate for healthy living. He adheres to a holistic dietary regimen, making the majority of his meals from scratch without using refined or artificial ingredients or simple carbohydrates. He also leads an illicit substance-free existence and encourages his patients to do the same.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01