This course will aim to increase clinical awareness of the diagnostic criteria associated with DSM-V eating disorders. Principals of DBT will be discussed and clinical application of DBT skills will be introduced for the treatment of Binge Eating Disorder, Anorexia Nervosa, and Bulimia Nervosa. Current research in the field of DBT and the treatment of eating disorders will be reviewed.
- Show an increased understanding of the diagnosis of Binge Eating Disorder, Anorexia Nervosa, and Bulimia Nervosa.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the core principals of Dialectical Behavior Therapy.
- Discuss the clinical resources for the treatment of eating disorders using DBT principles
- Develop an increased understanding of current research as it relates to DBT and the treatment of eating disorders.
Dr. Aimee Foster, Psy.D
Aimee Foster is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist currently serving as the Senior Director of Outpatient and Medical Services for Volunteers of America- Northern Rockies (VOA), a nonprofit organization that provides mental health services to underserved populations. Dr. Foster’s education began with obtaining her undergraduate and graduate degrees from Azusa Pacific University in Azusa, CA. She then completed her pre-doctoral training with the Rocky Mountain Internship Consortium in Colorado, where she gained valuable experience at the University of the Rockies Counseling Center in Colorado Springs, CO. She continued with her post-doctoral training at the Loma Linda Behavioral Medicine Center in Loma Linda, CA, specializing in the treatment of eating disorders. As the primary Treatment Coordinator for the Partial Hospital (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient (IOP) eating disorder programs at Loma Linda for 2 years, Dr. Foster honed her skills and expertise in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), the treatment of eating disorders, and Family Systems Psychology. Her passion for community mental health led her to accept a director position with Peak Wellness in Wyoming in 2017. Peak has since been acquired by VOA, where Dr. Foster serves as the Senior Director of Outpatient and Medical Services. Dr. Foster’s dedication to the field of psychology has not gone unnoticed. In 2019, she was appointed to the Wyoming Board of Psychology by Governor Mark Gordon for a five-year term. Her current passions include advocating for mental health services and training others in the field. Her current roles at VOA allow her to do just that, making a real difference in the lives of those who need it most.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01