The purpose of this Interactive Webinar is to discuss the historical background of the HIV Epidemic of the 1980’s and the stigma that perpetuated its inability to sustain human life and appreciate the tremendous progress we as a nation have made in understanding HIV/AIDS, resulting in new and innovative treatment regimens increasing the lifespan and quality of life of those who have contracted the virus.
The information presented will also cover early and current regulations pertaining to HIV /AIDS disclosure within HIPPA Confidentiality Law, specific to treatment for individuals with a diagnosis or HIV or AIDS.
This presentation will discuss the monumental changes in Legislation and current social, political and economic support provided for those infected as well as current medication regimens including the advantages and disadvantages of use. It will also provide behaviors that are considered to be at “high-risk” and of “lower-risk” as an educative preventative tool for your work with clients circumventing becoming infected due to lack of knowledge.
- Explain the cultural/ political stigma of the HIV epidemic in the 1980s and the tremendous progress we have made as a nation in reversing it.
- Identify, the progressive nature of HIV into AIDS and current treatment regimens.
- Illustrate why HIV is considered to be a “retrovirus” invading the DNA.
- Identify their role as a treatment provider to adhere to the HIPPA Confidentiality Regulations providing support and protection to clients.
- Differentiate between the stages of HIV into AIDS according to medical status and treatment compliance to prevent decompensation.
- Show support services and medication assistance for individuals with HIV/AIDS.
Yvonne Gilbert, LCSW, LCAS, CCS
YVONNE JOHNSON- GILBERT, attained her BA in Clinical Psychology with a secondary in Special Education under a full academic scholarship and continued for her Graduate degree attaining her MSW from SUNY, Stony Brook, NY with a major in Clinical Social Work and Secondary Specialization in Psychopharmacology and Addiction. Ms. Gilbert’s internships included CPS/DSS, Probation and Parole and Inpatient Psychiatric/Medical. Having come from a Professional Fine Arts background, she emerged her analytic understanding of psychology with the concepts of Art and attained Certification as a Clinical Art Psychotherapist (RATR) from the Amer Artist Therapist Assoc. in NYC and has taught many courses over the years to Mental Health and Educational Professionals. While working in Mental Health she quickly became aware of the symbiotic relationship between mental disorders and substance misuse deciding to attain Certifications in Substance Abuse and now holds the CC-ATODSW, LCAS, CCS. Yvonne Gilbert’s Professional Career spans almost thirty years, having worked Mental Health, inpatient and outpatient covering New York at Central Islip Psychiatric Hospital, Florida at Charter Hospital and out-patient Center as well as teaching courses at Edison Community College and North Carolina with Blue Ridge Mental Health and North Carolina Dept. of Corrections. She is currently in Private Practice in Waynesville, working DWI Assessments and Treatment and Assessments & Addictive Behavioral Alternatives, PLLC. Because of her dedication and compassion for the field she has developed and published several articles and numerous professional training seminars for NASW, APNC, NAADAC, MAHEC among others on various topics and is currently writing a book on “Journey Into The Inner Psyche,” which is based upon her clinical work and case histories working with Clinical Art Psychotherapy. Yvonne Gilbert is not only a seasoned professional but also a mother to adult children, grandmother, and great-grandmother which has given her “human insight” having worked through many of the issues other families struggle with and seek help with. Yvonne Gilbert, loves gardening especially flowers and herbs, swimming, fishing, hiking, museums, art galleries, flea markets, photography, and painting, cooking, and entertaining friends.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01