Just as counselors often look for new techniques and tools to use in sessions, supervisors and supervisees can also benefit from new and fresh supervision techniques. Narrative therapy is a classic technique in counseling and has been proven to be very effective in helping clients with myriad issues. The narrative theory also has some excellent techniques that can be used in supervision as well.
This interactive webinar will explore the use of Narrative therapy techniques in supervision and how they can be useful for supervisors at all levels. It will include very practical and hands-on knowledge that can be applied in supervision sessions. This webinar aims to provide supervisors with more tools to use in their supervision sessions and give supervisors a comprehensive overview of Narrative supervision.
- Explain Narrative supervision and how it can be applied to their working context.
- Identify when Narrative supervision is appropriate to use in their supervision sessions, and how it can be helpful to their supervisees.
- Apply hands-on and practical knowledge of the use of Narrative techniques in supervision.
Meagan Jones, Ph.D, LCMHC
Dr. Meagan Jones has worked in a teaching capacity for over 5 years, and has taught in both online and in person formats. She is currently an Adjunct professor at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology in the online Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program. She has been practicing for over 11 years, and has worked in a variety of settings from correctional counseling to intensive in-home and community mental health settings to private practice. She currently practices in a private practice setting offering both in person and online mental health services. Dr. Jones obtained her Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision from Regent University and her Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling from Columbia International University. She is licensed in the state of North Carolina and Virginia. Dr. Jones specializes in the areas of sexual trauma, crisis and trauma, general mental health issues, women’s issues, sexuality, and spirituality counseling. She has been teaching, writing, and presenting on trauma, sex trafficking, sexuality, sexual healing post-trauma, LGBTQ issues, supervision, and professional development for counselors for the past several years. When she is not working she enjoys traveling, cooking, jet skiing, being outside, crafting, and enjoying time with her family.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01