Military Members: Beyond PTSD
The first thing that may come to mind when we think about veterans and military members is PTSD; However, PTSD is just one of the many mental health issues that generate in this population. This workshop will focus on Eating Disorders, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Depression/Anxiety, and Relationships/Divorce in the military. This workshop will allow us to explore topics beyond PTSD among our military members and veterans in more detail and provide insight on how to become more aware of the battle our service men and women face and how the being trained to not show weakness often leads to future, untreated and heightened problems.
- Identify the mental health disorders beyond PTSD in service members and veterans.
- Describe the development and pressures of military life places on service members and their families.
- Explain each of the presented disorders from the military perspective, recent trends, statistics, and prevalence.
- Identify the barriers service members and their families face.
- Give options to provide assistance in becoming more resourceful and educated in working with service members and their families.
2 CE hour credits approved by ASWB, NAADAC, & NBCC
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 7
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self