Friday, December 15th
12:00 PM EST – 3:15 PM EST
Humans are naturally prone to fear & anxiety. Our are brains wired to search for threats, focus on them, and overestimate them. In order to counter this, we can rewire the brain using proven interventions that calm the amygdala & teach the cortex new responses to threats.
This training, led by Dr. Pittman, provides clear insights of how the amygdala and cortex each influence the production of fear & anxiety. The interventions presented in this course have empirical evidence demonstrating how they impact the brain & provide effective treatment for anxiety disorders.
You’ll learn a neurologically-informed approach to CBT that effectively treats anxiety, and is accessible to clients of all educational levels. Interventions that target both the amygdala & cortex are presented in this course. Join us, as we tap into the root causes of anxiety so you can truly understand & calm an anxious mind.
- Motivate clients by clearly explaining how the interventions target parts of the brain that
create anxiety and stress and panic (specifically the amygdala and cortex).
- Identify specific brain-based interventions for both the amygdala and cortex that will allow clients to overcome the negative effects of anxiety on their goals.
Course materials are only available to enrolled students.
Dr. Catherine Pittman
Catherine M. Pittman, Ph.D., HSPP, is a licensed clinical psychologist, and psychology professor at Saint Mary’s College in Notre Dame, IN. A practicing clinical psychologist treating anxiety for over 30 years, she also is experienced in neuropsychological rehabilitation with individuals who have experienced brain injuries or strokes. In 2019, she was honored by Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana with a Service Award for her work in treating brain injury. Dr. Pittman practices neurologically informed CBT, and has conducted research in both fear conditioning and neuropsychology, preparing her well to explain the neurology of fear and anxiety. With Elizabeth Karle, Dr. Pittman authored Rewire Your Anxious Brain, a book recognized for its clear explanation of how to change both the amygdala and cortex in order to make the brain more resistant to anxiety. She also wrote Rewire Your OCD Brain with coauthor neuropsychologist William Youngs. She has been referred to as “the Amygdala Whisperer,” so it is no surprise that her most recent book is a workbook on overcoming anxiety titled Taming Your Amygdala, published by PESI.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01