Monday, December 11th
1:30 PM EST – 4:45 PM EST
Although medical & recreational marijuana programs are legal in 39 states and cannabidiol (CBD) is available nationwide… Confusion still exists regarding what cannabinoids can & can’t do. Since most health and behavioral health professionals do not receive formal education about cannabis.
As for THC, the evidence supporting its use for most medical conditions & psychiatric conditions is mixed at best and indifferent at worst.
Come join Dr. Aaron Weiner for an updated overview about the therapeutic benefits, risks, and limits of cannabis & cannabinoid products. Along with the economic factors that influence the cannabis and cannabinoid market, and how behavioral health professionals can best work with clients struggling with cannabis use disorder.
- Identify at least three therapeutic applications for cannabinoids.
- Identify at least three risk factors of THC use
- Describe primary differences between THC, CBD, and other cannabinoids in terms of function and availability.
- Identify how to approach the treatment of cannabis use disorder from a biopsychosocial lens.
Dr. Aaron Weiner
Aaron Weiner, Ph.D., ABPP, is a board-certified psychologist and addiction specialist who is highly regarded for his expertise in the field of addiction and behavioral health. He is recognized as an influential speaker on topics such as addiction, behavioral health, and the impact of drug policy on public health. Dr. Weiner received his doctorate from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and completed his fellowship in Addiction Psychology at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System. He has accumulated years of experience directing addiction service lines for healthcare systems, in addition to his own observations in private practice. He is deeply committed to evidence-based care in treating chemical dependency and behavioral addictions and advocates for integrating behavioral health services into medical settings. Dr. Weiner is currently the President of the Society of Addiction Psychology, on the Public Policy Committee for the American Society of Addiction Medicine, and on the Science Advisory Board for the Foundation for Drug Policy Solutions.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01