Tuesday, April 2nd
6:00 PM EST – 8:00 PM EST
This training will be presented on TWO consecutive Tuesdays (April 2nd & April 9th from 6-8 PM EST) Total of 4 CE’s
Elevate your impact as a clinical supervisor and ensure the ethical and professional growth of your team. Clinical supervision, an integral facet of behavioral health, necessitates its own unique skill set and knowledge base. The journey from being an excellent clinician to a competent and effective supervisor requires specialized training.
In this presentation, Dr. Frances Patterson will help you embark on a transformative learning experience. Gain an intricate understanding of the distinctive aspects that set clinical supervision apart from therapy or counseling. Our aim is to fill the gaps where many supervisors are left unprepared by equipping you with the essential knowledge and expertise to excel in your role. Empower yourself with the tools, insights, and skills necessary to drive professional growth, maintain ethical standards, and become a confident, capable clinical supervisor. Join us on this enlightening journey towards mastery in clinical supervision.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the distinctions between clinical supervision and therapy, recognizing the unique responsibilities and ethical considerations that come with supervisory roles.
- Acquire essential skills for effective clinical supervision, including providing constructive feedback, fostering supervisee growth, and addressing ethical and clinical dilemmas that may arise in the supervisory relationship.
- Discuss the ethical complexities of clinical supervision, helping them develop a strong ethical foundation to ensure safe and responsible care for patients and clients.
- Explain how to address transference and countertransference with supervisees.
Dr. Frances Patterson, LADAC, MAC, BCPC, CCJAS, QSAP, QCS
Dr. Frances Patterson received her Bachelor of Science and Master of Science at Virginia Commonwealth University in the Alcohol and Drug Education Rehabilitation Program and a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at California Southern University. In addition to being a level 2 licensed alcohol and drug abuse counselor in TN, she is a National Association of Addiction Professionals (NAADAC) certified Master addiction counselor and Qualified Substance Abuse Professional. She also holds a certification as a Doctoral Addictions Counselor with the National Association of Forensic Counselors. She is certified by the State of TN as a Qualified Clinical Supervisor for Alcohol and Drug licensure. She has worked as a counselor and program administrator in treatment programs in Virginia and Tennessee for almost 35 years, providing clinical supervision for 25 of those years. She is the owner of Footprints Consulting Services, LLC in Nashville, TN. Dr. Patterson provides client education, program consultation, professional training, and clinical supervision. In addition, she currently works part-time at the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office where she supervises addiction counselors toward licensure, provides program staff training and assists with program development. Dr. Patterson has conducted professional training locally, statewide and nationally for over 28 years on a variety of topics in addictions, mental health and professional counseling issues. She has extensive experience as a trainer and is skilled in training development. Dr. Patterson is the past chair of NAADAC’s clinical issues committee and a past ethics committee member. She served four years as SE Regional Vice President, is a member of the NAADAC Trainers Academy, and is a trainer for “Trainings by NAADAC.” She received the Middle TN Association of Alcohol and Drug Counselors (MTAADAC) Professional of the Year award in 2004 and the MTAADAC and TAADAC Lifetime Achievement Awards in 2005. Dr. Patterson received the Mel Schulstad award, NAADAC’s national Professional of the Year award in 2006. For several years, Dr. Patterson has published articles in professional magazines and in 2020, completed her book “The Addiction Supervisor’s Toolbox”. In her spare time, she loves to play and have fun with her husband and family. She enjoys her dogs, knitting, traveling, scuba diving, reading, and Scottish Highland Games and fantasy fairs.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|District Of Columbia
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01