It is a well-known fact in psychotherapy that clients’ cognitive and emotional associations (symbolic connections) can either enhance or inhibit therapeutic progress.
What if: Instead of simply helping traumatized clients return to their previous level of functioning, you could simultaneously help them identify, awaken, and activate their highest potential?
What if: You could easily help clients see the “upside” and the “downside” of repetition compulsion and quickly break old destructive survival patterns to unlock and expand their options for living the life they really want?
Join Dr. Shannon South for a fresh look at techniques to heal trauma, as she draws wisdom from multiple areas of counseling psychology to awaken human potential and fast- forward healing.
- Summarize and list unique qualities of the unconscious, conscious, and superconscious mind.
- Explain why repetition compulsion becomes a survival pattern for many traumatized clients and how expansion patterns may be engaged in the therapeutic process to speed healing.
- Explain why symbols [positive associations] are powerful components of psychotherapy, how they may be employed to replace traumatic associations, to promote healing.
- Describe how to help clients identify their guiding symbols and employ them in active healing.
- Explain how to use clients’ “symbolic sight” to fast-forward psychotherapy.
Dr. Shannon D. South, affectionately known as the “Joy Doctor,” is an accomplished therapist, bestselling author, and inspirational speaker. With over 20 years of experience in the field of spirituality and healing trauma, Dr. South is recognized as an expert in helping individuals find wholeness and joy naturally. Dr. South's transformative journey began in 1994 when she experienced a life-changing spiritual awakening during meditation that healed her debilitating anxiety and depression permanently. This profound experience inspired her to help others achieve similar breakthroughs in their lives. As the founder of Ignite! Programs Dr. South has developed a range of innovative programs and tools that help individuals discover their unique pathways to joy and fulfillment. Her “Joy IQ” self-assessment tool is a widely recognized resource that enables individuals to measure and enhance their joy levels. Dr. South's approach to healing is holistic, integrating mind, body, and spirit to support individuals in reaching their full potential. Dr. South is also a sought-after international trainer who helps coaches, counselors, and chaplains integrate spirituality and soul into their practice. Her expertise in this area has made her a respected authority and a valuable resource for professionals seeking to deepen their understanding of spirituality and its role in healing.