Wednesday, November 29th
12:00 PM EST – 3:15 PM EST
This course is designed specifically for healthcare clinicians. Gain the essential knowledge and practical tools you need to assist your clients in identifying and effectively managing warning signs and high-risk situations that often lead to alcohol or drug use relapse, despite their commitment to sobriety.
In this presentation, Dr. Stephen Grinstead will help you discover that relapse is a process, not just a singular event. Learn to recognize the multitude of identifiable warning signs and high-risk situations that precede substance use, offering valuable insight far in advance.
Dr. Grinstead will introduce you to powerful tools that will demystify the relapse process and empower you to guide your clients toward developing a strategic relapse prevention plan. Through the utilization of the “Relapse Cycle” process, you will gain the skills to effectively personalize relapse prevention strategies, equipping your clients with the tools they need to navigate their own unique journey towards sustained recovery. Additionally, you will learn how to develop an early relapse intervention plan (R.I.P.), empowering you to intervene promptly and effectively when clients face imminent relapse.
- Educate their clients about the nine (9) mistaken beliefs about relapse that will lead to developing a more effective relapse prevention plan.
- Explain relapse as a process—not an event—and educate their clients that recognizing and managing early relapse warning signs is a crucial step in stopping a potential relapse cycle.
- Aid clients in developing a strategic Relapse Intervention Plan (R.I.P.) that includes three (3) core components that include choosing professional and personal collaborative accountability partners that will significantly reduce the risk or severity of a relapse episode.
- Utilize the three (3) components of relapse prevention planning and learn to identify which component is needed by each client.
- Discuss the five (5) components of a high-risk situation management plan to assist clients in personalizing their own relapse prevention plan designed to identify and manage future high-risk
Dr. Stephen Grinstead is a seasoned expert in the field of addiction and chronic pain management, with over 35 years of experience as a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), a former California Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC-II), and an Advanced Relapse Prevention Specialist (ACRPS). He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Science, a Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology, and a Doctorate in Addictive Disorders (Dr. AD), making him one of the few professionals in the world with this unique combination of expertise. Dr. Grinstead has an impressive background as an educator, having taught at several prestigious universities, including Santa Clara University, UC Berkeley Extension, Stanford University Medical School, and the University of Utah's School on Alcoholism and Other Drug Dependencies. He also served on the faculty of UC Santa Cruz Extension Alcohol and Drug Studies Program and as an Adjunct Professor at Alliant University, where he taught Masters Level and Psy.D. students the Treating the Addicted Family System course for the Marriage and Family Therapy track for five years. In 2015, Dr. Grinstead co-founded and served as the Chief Clinical Officer of a Residential and Intensive Outpatient Triple Diagnosis Chronic Pain Management Program in Camarillo, California. He is the author of multiple books on chronic pain management, including Thank You Adversity For Yet Another Test: A Body Mind Spirit Approach for Relieving Chronic Pain Suffering, Freedom from Suffering: A Journey of Hope, Managing Pain, Coexisting Disorders, and the Addiction-Free Pain Management® Recovery Guide. Dr. Grinstead is renowned internationally for his pioneering work in preventing relapse related to addiction and chronic pain disorders and for his development of the Addiction-Free Pain Management® System. His extensive experience with chronic pain management, substance use disorders, eating addiction, and coexisting mental and personality disorders make him a valuable resource for patients and practitioners alike.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01