Friday, November 3rd
12:00 PM EST – 3:15 PM EST
- Define the underlying aim of ACT.
- Describe how ACT conceptualizes problems presented by clients.
- Explain the role of functional contextualism within the ACT model.
- Identify the six core processes of ACT.
Diana Garcia, LMHC
Diana M. Garcia is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, dedicated to empowering individuals and couples to live lives filled with courage, confidence, and connection. With a wealth of experience and a passion for helping others, she has established herself as a trusted expert in the field of mental health. After completing her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Master of Science in Psychology from Florida International University, Diana embarked on her mission to make a positive impact in the lives of those she serves. With a career spanning over a decade, she has continuously demonstrated her unwavering commitment to her client's well-being and personal growth. Throughout her professional journey, Diana has held various pivotal roles, including serving as a Primary Therapist at multiple treatment centers. Her extensive experience has equipped her with a deep understanding of the unique challenges faced by individuals in their pursuit of mental and emotional well-being. Most notably, she served as the Director of Counseling Services at a local university, where she skillfully guided students through their personal and academic struggles. As the founder and owner of Nurturing Minds Counseling, Diana's practice serves as a haven for stressed-out millennials seeking serenity, confidence, and the courage to live authentically. Beyond her extensive clinical work, Diana's commitment to professional development is evident through her certification as a Daring Way Facilitator, a distinction that allows her to expertly guide individuals through the transformative teachings of Dr. Brené Brown. Additionally, she is an esteemed member of the Association for Contextual Behavioral Science, staying at the forefront of innovative therapeutic approaches. Her upcoming book, "Negative Thoughts Happen: How to Find Your Inner Ally When Your Inner Critic Shows Up," promises to be a powerful resource for individuals seeking to make peace with their inner critic. Embracing the principles of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, this book provides practical tools and insights to empower readers to cultivate self-compassion and resilience.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01